Monday, August 15, 2022

Open House 2022!

 Hello everyone! 

     I wanted to pop in to tell everyone about the 2022 Fort St. Joseph Archeology Open House! Saturday, August 6th was a busy day at the open house. Many people walk around the site learning about wet screening, recently found artifacts, unit tours, and interacting with the reenactors! One of my favorite parts was seeing how so many people from the area have been coming to these open house events for many years. I truly felt supported by the community and praised for my hard work. I was able to expand my public archeology knowledge throughout this event as well. Saturday night my team celebrated with a great meal, axe throwing, and musket shooting! Sunday was sadly cut short because of the rain but we still made the best of the day! Many people were able to make it out before the rain hit! After the rain stopped my team got to celebrate yet again with a canoe ride with the French voyageurs! Many of my duties throughout both Saturday and Sunday revolved around unit tours and sitting at the artifact case station! It was great to have conversation with the community about the units and the artifacts in the case. Overall, it was a great weekend, and thank you to everyone that was able to make it out! The support we felt this weekend does not go unnoticed. We appreciate all of you and we hope you enjoyed our open house event!

Sincerely,

            Olivia Crandall

No comments: